Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC)
A high quality, comprehensive coverage that pays for the cost of parts and labor for any covered vehicle mechanical repair. It provides the needed protection at the time the member's vehicle is most likely to require repairs.
MRC offers a matrix of terms and levels of coverage to fit members' needs based on how long they plan to keep the vehicle and how many miles they drive each year.
|Three Levels of Coverage||One program for both new and used vehicles with three levels of coverage to choose from depending on vehicle's equipment.||The vehicle's age and mileage determines how much coverage is available to the member.|
|Platinum||Provides most extensive coverage possible and eliminates claims misunderstandings. Named most exclusive level of coverage||Vehicles with 70,000 odometer miles or less and current through ten model years old.|
|Gold||Provides coverage for ten major component groups, includes high-tech items. Named component level coverage.||Vehicles with 90,000 odometer miles or less and current through ten model years old.|
|Silver||Provides coverage for nine major component groups. Economical coverage for base-model vehicles. Named component level of coverage.||Vehicles with 100,000 odometer miles or less and current through ten model years old.|
Offers a matrix of terms and three levels of coverage to fit members' needs based on how long they plan to keep the vehicle and how many miles they drive each year.
Plan pays for the cost of parts and labor for any covered repair.
Choice of deductibles (can vary by member at the credit union):
- Platinum and Gold Plan deductible options: $0, $50, $100, $250.
- Silver Plan deductible options: $50, $100, $250.
- Is good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada.
- Allows the transfer of coverage for a $30 fee (when member sells his/her car to a private party/owner).
- Is cancelable at any time on a pro rata basis.
- Provides add on term/add-on miles. Coverage does not revert back to original vehicle in service date.
The Plan also includes:
- Rental Reimbursement up to $30 per day for up to 5 fays if the member's car is kept out of service overnight.
- 24-hour, toll free roadside assistance and towing with the sign and drive feature, $100 benefit.
- Covers emergency travel expense up to $500 for lodging, meals and transportation if the member's car breaks down more than 100 miles from home and the vehicle must be held overnight for repairs.
- Coverage can be purchased for any new or used vehicle up through 10 model years old and 100,000 miles or less at the time of the credit union auto loan or vehicle purchase. If the vehicle's original factory warranty has expired, the coverage must be purchased within seven days of the purchase/loan.
- Coverage can be purchased when refinancing a vehicle with the credit union from another institution. The vehicle must be 10 model years old or newer and have 100,000 miles or less at the time of the credit union auto loan. If the vehicle's original factory warranty has expired, the coverage must be purchased within seven days of the purchase/loan.
- Coverage can be purchased at a later date on a vehicle you already own, as long as the vehicle has at least 1 month and 1,000 miles of the manufacturer's full warranty remaining on the date the agreement is purchased.
- Vehicles used commercially.
- Salvage or rebuilt titled vehicles.
- Trucks over 1 ton
- Motor homes
- Non U.S. Specification Vehicles are not eligible for coverage.
The plan allows for coverage to be transferred to a private/owner within 30 days from the date of sale. If there is an original manufacturer's warranty remaining on the vehicle it must be transferable as well. Transfer fee is $30.
- Maintenance procedures (per the agreement/policy, and the manufacturer's recommendations).
- Pre-existing conditions (condition that existed prior to the purchase of the policy/agreement).
- Other exclusions as listed in the policy/agreement.
- Gold and Silver levels of coverage: any system or component not specifically listed in the MRC policy/agreement.
*This page highlights the benefits of the Mechanical Repair Coverage Plans. Please refer to the Agreement/Policy for specifics. Ft. Mcpherson does not administer any portion of the warranty plan.